Something incredible has been happening this last year.
Thousands of dollars have been raised on one particular social media platform. WAY more than we had ever expected through this avenue. And we can't help but feel overwhelming gratitude for those who've started fundraisers for their birthday on behalf of Free The Girls and their friends, family, and community that have given towards those fundraisers. It's super simple, yet deeply impactful. In fact, it goes with one of the themes of our organization:
Something simple can be extraordinary.
We all know human trafficking can be overwhelming. But we truly believe that every single person who desires to CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
This simple tool that Facebook has given us is one of those ways, so we wanted to share a few easy steps to creating your facebook fundraiser.
SIX EASY STEPS:
1) Go to your Facebook account (or create one here!)
2) Go to your 'home' page, and look on the left side column. You should see the 'fundraiser' option under "Create" at the bottom. Click on "fundraiser" and Facebook will walk you through.
3) Pick your charity (like Free The Girls: Fight Human Trafficking or any other of the incredible organizations out there that you'd like to raise money for!)
4) Set your fundraising goal and time-frame. We've seen many successful fundraisers at $200 or even $500 or more! Set something that you feel good about and see where it goes! You can always raise the amount if you particularly like to challenge your friends.
5) Invite people on your friends' list and engage with them! This is key. Invite, invite, invite! Share often on your timeline: remember that not everyone will see something when you post just once. While some people may be hesitant to invite people on their friends list, remember you're giving them an opportunity to participate in something large and global. No problem if they are unable or unwilling to participate at this time - you've at least extended an invitation.
6) Thank people as they donate and watch numbers go up! Seriously, these people are donating to FTG because of YOU - because they love you, they appreciate you, they think you're the bee's knees (and we do, too!).
And then, have fun!!
We've also created a Fundraising Toolkit to help you with your efforts! Just click the button below to access that resource.
Be encouraged knowing you're truly making a difference in the lives of survivors!
As one of the survivors in our program says;
"You can't get tired of giving because we have already demonstrated what we can do when you give...it's really good!"
We'll say it again and again. THANK YOU so much for your support of Free The Girls, and these incredible women!! We're so so grateful for all of you Everyday Abolitionists willing to step in and make a difference in the lives of survivors.
Thank you, friends, for being amazing Everyday Abolitionists!!!
**If you don't have a Facebook profile and just want to create a birthday fundraiser without it, we have an option for you!